Thursday, April 14, 2011

of buddy and friend

To my dear travel buddy/ roomie,

because you are one of my very best mates, and because you are turning a year wiser tomorrow, and because i did not bake you a cake this year, I thought I would dedicate a blog entry for you.

***********************************************************************
1st year med (photo taken just before Med Ball): when we were still young and naive
Photobucket
i didn't know you well back then.

BUT N.O.W i feel like i have known you for AGES

which leads me to the conclusion that time passed and we have aged considerably since 1st year.
*
3rd year med (photo taken at Movie World): after we spent an exciting, mind blowing and crazy week in Brisbane during the 50th AMSA convention. It was then when we tried suturing for the first time and experienced first hand how crazy and mad medical students can be
Photobucket
4th year med (photo taken in Samrong, Cambodia): when we were on a voluntary trip to rural Cambodia. It was an eye opening and meaningful experience. It was also then when I fell terribly sick (which after 6 months i found out when I was doing my ID rotation that i had dengue fever)
Photobucket
5th year Med (photo taken in Vellore, India) - we embarked on another missionary trip to India simply because part of us wanted to do some good and we wanted to give back.
Photobucket
and just a few week ago, Mel asked me whether I would be interested in attending the Global Health Conference organized by AMSA in June 2011. I would love to except there is a major issue - we have exam from June to July, which happens to be THE MOST heavy weighted exam throughout our entire medical degree. and Mel forgot about the exam. She is THAT into global health.
*
next year, we are going to London for our electives. It seems like we are going to be stuck together for quite some time.
Photobucket
**********************************************************************
You are truly one of the nicest, kindest, most selfless person I have ever met. You have shown me/ taught me a great deal about everything and I am a better person because of you. I am glad and blessed to have known you.

Happy Birthday my dear :)
Photobucket

and shall I quote "Thanks for being born"

-Phey Yee

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home